Austin Therapeutic Bodywork
Nan is a state-licensed and nationally-certified massage therapist, specializing in advanced therapeutic deep tissue bodywork. Her practice integrates several treatment modalities, adapting an individual approach to therapy that is uniquely customized to each client’s needs and treatment goals.
Nan's work is both innovative and intuitive. Her primary approach involves the release of adhesions in the body’s fascia, or myo-fascial release. The goal of treatment is reducing pain and restoring function.
As a former collegiate track and field athlete, Nan understands body mechanics and how to address issues that arise from over training and injury. Among her clients are former Olympians, Iron Man competitors, triathletes, cyclists, marathon runners, golfers and tennis players. Nan's practice is by no means limited to athletes. Many of her clients suffer from Computer Posture Syndrome and resulting pain conditions, such as frozen shoulder, hand numbness/tingling, headaches, back aches, hip pain, sciatica, and spinal dysfunctions. Those with chronic pain conditions, such as fibromyalgia, have also found relief through Nan's specialized approach to treatment.
Nan is also certified Massage Cupping therapist and integrates this innovative therapy into her sessions as an effective means of releasing fascia and scar tissue.
- Over 13 years in private practice
- State licensed and nationally certified Massage Therapist (Lic# MT109307)
- Certified through all 3 levels in the application of Kinesio Tape by Kinesio Taping International.
- Certified in MPS- Microcurrent Point Stimulation Therapy
- Certified in Massage Cupping by ACE Massage Cupping Institute
Nan has proven track record treating a variety of conditions, including:
- Acute and Chronic Pain
- Restricted Range of Motion
- Repetitive Use Issues
- Computer Posture Syndrome
- Migraine Headaches
- Low Back and Hip Pain
- Carpal-tunnel Syndrome
- Frozen Shoulder & Rotator Cuff Issues
- Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Pain
- TMJ and Jaw Pain
- IT Band Syndrome
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfer's Wrist and Elbow
- Thorasic Outlet Syndrome
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Scar Release
- Lymphadema (swelling)
- Pre and Post-Operative treatments to reduce bleeding and swelling and accelerate recovery